05 May 2009

Some days just suck...

it's just been one of those days...started traveling three and a half hours before the crack of dawn will definitely put a wrinkle in your morning, and it'll take that thing called patience and piss all over it like Patience was the name of an R. Kelly dancer. it'll literally take the spring out of your step and make you wish for the whole thing to be over...and that makes the assumption everything goes perfectly....which it clearly didn't. currently, i am sitting in a fine watering hole establishment, waiting on a French Dip before i continue my journey, which at this point, started 14 hours ago, and i'm still two time zones from my house, and i'm hours away from departing. Don't get me wrong, i love Minnesota, and the Minnie Twinnie is literally one of my favorite towns in the world. That bring said, it's still not my current home, and usually, I have some advance notice I'll be coming, which allows me to coordinate with the few friends i have left in the Northern Tundra. This time, I was more or less stranded here, with my high school kids (and if you've ever hung out with someone , you know that the moment you're supposed to be home, any patience you may have had with regards to the people you're with, well that shit just flys out of the window. I know they're tired of being around me, and it was obviously mutual. So it ended up being a blessing in disguise that we were not able to all fly home together, as there were not six seats on any flight going back to the Bay Area, so i loaded them on a flight with five seats and had to figure out my own way home...horray me, bitches!! They never should have gave us niggas money!!


however, that does mean i'm still sitting in the airport, and will have heard the announcement...The Time is....5am. i will also get to hear the announcement....The Time is...5pm...which means i've been traveling too long...but if you're going to get stranded somewhere, the MSP International Airport is an awesome place to have that happen. Even if the MSP Airport wasn't a top tier airport for food, shopping and entertainment, it's only a $12-15 cab ride from the Mall of America. Yes, I said it, the Mall of America....

...i begin this preface with i hate malls. I mean, i really really hate malls. But malls are a quaint contradiction for me. I hate malls, and all that they entail. But I actually hate shopping more than i hate malls. and if you really hate shopping, then malls are a shitty, but necessary evil. All the shit i hate having to find is all in a centralized location at the mall. So, even if i don't like doing it, it always seems to work out pretty well. As I walked around the mall (another benefit, the copious amount of walking that has to take place at the MOA), i realized my phone was acting up, and so I went to the Apple Store, talked to a "genius" who figured out my phone was not working, and replaced my phone, which, as of now, seems to be working just fine, thank you. It also allowed me to get my girlfriend a gift, as today is our anniversery. Had a cool evening planned, but only part of it can happen because i'm still here in MN...

i guess it could be worse, i could have kids with me, and had them all day, complaining about how their day is inconvenienced by this airplane debacle...

No comments:

Post a Comment