13 April 2009

Vacation Hating

I have a catch-22 that i have to deal with. I hate. for those who do not know what hating is, please feel free to watch a little of one the smartest shows to hit the TV airwaves, as well as give a solid snapshot on the topic at hand...

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=24419

but back to the topic at hand. I hate. But i love hating. it's one of the largest quandries in my life, how to deal with the burning contradiction of loving hating. I find myself in all kinds of interactions everyday, at the store and even at work, i find myself almost looking for interactions where a little good spirited hatred can rear it's ugly head. I'm convinced one of the main reasons i enjoy the game of poker as much as i do is beacuse it allows me to just hate without any regard for human life or safety. This is especially true with the online game, which i hadn't played in over 40 days, and found out it's a lot like playing baseball- you can't just take a month off without even swinging a bat and get in there and start raking the ball all over the field. more likely, you'll hit the ball like Michael Jordan, Mario Mendoza or any other dude that can't hit well enough to stay in the league legitimately. To quote one of my favorite bands, Binary Star, "Rodney King never felt a beat like this." My game was not tight tonight, which is probably for the better, as i need to step my game up to get ready for the trip to Vegas...

...I am convinced my boy NCP is correct, that Facebook may be the most effective timesuck in society today. I'm on vacation (did i mention i don't have to work tomorrow- they should have never gave us niggas money!!) so i have some free time, and i decided to see what all the hype was about Facebook. It's cooler than i thought it would be, as it's allowed me a chance to catch up with people i would never have thought to contact...which begs the question...why am i getting in contact/acception contact with people i haven't seen in 10-15 years, and have been pretty much OK with not knowing about them? If i didn't need to know about you three weeks ago, why do i need to know now? Because I'm a voyeur. Not the creepy kind that looks into your window without your knowledge, but the kind of person that enjoys watching people and the interaction of people. I used to enjoy going to dance clubs and watch guys and gals work, and found particular enjoyment in their failure, which gets back to the hating thing. I don't really enjoy reality TV, which is like voyeurism with creative editing, but true voyeurism, where people can't fake it, is wonderful to view. Realtime interactions between people and watching the reactions from comments is really interesting to me, so Facebook just gives me another avenue to show the world how much of a dork i am (i played pool as a physics experiment, i play poker because the math is really easy to figure out for me, etc). i will preface this Facebook rant with saying that it allowed to find a couple of good friend of mine from back in the day (the Tejas days) and so i can't totally front. Long John Long and PSim are two guys I'm glad i got a chance to re-find, so it's all good. Both of them are into some solid hip-hop, and i still have the company flow CD PSim repped up...

i will make an attempt to give you a little of my musical snapshots every couple of posts, and i will start it off with the Pharcyde, with a little "Runnin'"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hZKN4AZ63g

more later...
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment